Earn Your Success
Overview of Admissions Criteria for the Project Management Program
To be considered for the Master of Applied Project Management program you must possess a Bachelor's degree. For more information on how to apply, complete the enquiry form.
Domestic and International Applicants:
Candidates considered for admission to the Master of Applied Project Management program must provide the following:
- An official transcript from each post-secondary institution attended, whether or not a degree was earned. All official transcripts must be certified by a Justice of the Peace (JP).*
- Proof of completion of degree, if proof of completion is not noted in the certified transcript
- Proof of English proficiency (if required)
- Completed and signed University of Adelaide application
Applicants with no undergraduate degree will be considered on a case-by-case basis for admission to the Graduate Certificate ONLY, on the basis of presenting 7 years work experience supported by a portfolio of evidence that the applicant has sufficient knowledge and skills to successfully complete the Certificate without a prior bachelor qualification.
Applicants without a Bachelors degree who successfully complete the Grad Cert will then be able to progress to the Grad Dip and/or the Masters.
Candidates who have previously passed courses in postgraduate awards or equivalent at the University of Adelaide or another university and who wish to count such courses towards the Master of Applied Project Management may do so on approval, to a maximum aggregate value of 18 units.
For International Applicants
English language proficiency must be demonstrated by any candidate whose undergraduate degree language of instruction was other than English, regardless of recent work history. Applicants must take and provide scores of either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). The TOEFL is administered in a variety of media.
The following scores are the minimum TOEFL score requirements for this program (score must be equal to or greater than):
- Computer-based exam: 213 with a minimum essay rating of 4.0
- Internet-based exam: 80 with a minimum of 20 in writing and speaking and an 18 in reading and listening
- Paper-based exam: 550 with a minimum of 4.0 in Test of Written English
The University of Adelaide's TOEFL code is 0727.
The TOEFL score report must be sent directly from a test center to an Admissions Advisor. TOEFL scores are valid for 2 years after the test is administered.
The IELTS must be taken within the previous 2 years and the minimum score must include an overall score of at least 6.0, with a 6.0 in both writing and speaking, and a minimum score of 5.5 in both reading and listening.
Additional pathways are available, for example, if a portion of your undergraduate language instruction was done in English. These additional pathways can be found in the Admissions Policy document found at this URL:
a World-class university...
leading the way in innovative education.